Thursday, December 10, 2015

Thursday

I have to apologize for not writing anything yesterday. But the cause was not problem but simply the fact that we got home too late for me to sit down and trying to write something.

You see, we went to Broadway (again) and I just couldn't hack it. It was after midnight when we got home and I just didn't have the stamina to sit down and write.

This time we saw a very nice musical by the title of An American in Paris. This was now the third Broadway show in a fairly short time. I like this frequent theater going. I think I might just become a theater critic. This way I can go even more frequently and free.

This show is a semi-classical Gershwin show. I remember the movie with Gene Kelly and the show was not far away from that. There was a lot of dancing and singing of well known tunes.

What I didn't like was that it is fanfared as a great award winning show yet, the balcony was half empty. I wonder when will these theaters learn that they are overpriced and that is why they have so many empty seats.

I really don't feel sorry when they close a show too early because of poor attendance. They all deserve it. To ask $200 for the cheapest ticket at the Lion King, just because it is popular is insane. But people go and pay this amount. Mainly the tourists though.

After the show we went to Ellen's Starlight Diner where all the servers sing show tunes and we had a great time. We went with my wife's son and his girlfriend. This was their Christmas present.

At the end we all had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment