Monday, December 14, 2015

Sunday

Today I have officially started the Christmas Season. Actually it started Friday night when I wrote my overseas Christmas cards. Between my wife's relations and my friends and family we put together a nice list of greeting cards. Mailed them on Saturday hoping that they will get delivered before the 25th.

We also put up our nice little X-mas tree. It is nice and when lit it cheers up the place. Not that it needs cheering up but makes it look even nicer. Slowly but surely the presents are gathering underneath it and probably on Christmas Eve they will be opened.

We follow the Hungarian and probably European costume where presents are opened on the evening of the 24th.

Today we went to a humongous shopping mall where there were wall to wall people and bought a few things for Abigail. But she knows that her "big" present will be forthcoming.

Once we got home I started writing greeting cards. For me that is a habitual annual experience. Out of the 30-35 I wrote ten so far but my back started to hurt so I stopped. The problem is that I can not just write a few words of greetings I have to write long letters to everybody. This time evn more so since so much good happened to my life in the outgoing year.

Hungarian vacation, Las Vegas vacation, buying and moving into a new apartment, falling in love with a gorgeous woman, getting married...

The order of events is random. That was not the right order of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment