Thursday, December 17, 2015

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and for a chance we do not have any culture planned in our programs. No opera, no Broadway show. But that's ok. this is not yet withdrawal. Anyway, we had a fairly busy day.

I had a morning appointment with my urologist. He wants to see me every six months so I make him happy and let him play with my prostate. Fortunately the bull s..t lasted longer than the examination. He was very satisfied with everything and I hope things will remain the same.

Since my wife came into Manhattan with me and the doctor visit ended fairly early we decided to walk up on Fifth Avenue and do some window shopping. Boy, do I like window shopping! After Fifth Avenue we walked through 57th Street which is the diamond center of New York. We looked in all the windows and resisted all the temptation to buy up everything we liked. Those jewelers try so hard to entice everybody that stops and looks that it is getting to be funny. But we were strong.

After getting back to Queens and picking up Abigele at school we headed to another part of Queens to do some serious shopping at a Romanian butcher who sells great Hungarian products. And there we shopped!

The stuff we bought was so tempting that we decided to have cold cuts for dinner. And that was what we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment