Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday

JetBlue is a great airline with a great system.

Saturday I purchased the tickets to St. Maarten. All paid for, all set. Right after bought them I signed up with Yapta website. This is free service where they monitor airfares before purchase for planning and after purchase for rebates. I did this in past years and it worked like a charm.

Well, Monday night I received a notification that the ticket price just dropped by $90 per ticket for the total of $180. That's 11% reduction.

I immediately called JetBlue and got the money back. Actually they deposit it in a Travel Bank account where it is kept for a year and is available for future travels. So, I already have $180 for next time.

And if the price drops again and again until departure time they adjust the ticket price and put the difference in the account. If the price goes up I'm safe, that will not affect me.

Now, isn't this a great system or what?

Something else.

Today I left the country. Well, my immediate environment, that is. I crossed state lines and went to Connecticut to visit a friend. She is a friend I know for probably about 55 years. Her husband and I grew up in the same neighborhood and our mothers were friends.

Her Husband past away about eight years ago and now she lives alone. So, the nice, lonely guy that I am, I went to visit her.

I and I hope her too had a great time. We talked a lot, went to the local beach and then had a great dinner in her house. I was with her for about eight hours. A full day's work the way I see it.

The drive both ways was very easy and pleasant. It is beautiful country where she lives. The houses are huge, nestled in large wooded acreage. There is no poverty there at all.

Sadness and loneliness might be but no poverty.

But I was glad when I got home to my own memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment