Saturday, July 26, 2014

Friday

I'm a great drinker. I really like to drink but within reason and I don't drink just anything. We are talking about alcoholic drinks.

I'm not a wine connoisseur so a good wine, any wine is wasted on me. I don't drink scotch because to me it is disgusting. It is an acquired taste and I just never acquired it.

Beer is OK, I can take it or leave it.

Cognac is good but I can't tell a good one from a bad one. It is still good because it gives a nice warm feeling in the pit of my stomach.

My favorite is anything mixed with vodka. Bloody Mary, vodka and tonic, grapefruit juice and vodka, screwdriver etc.

I also like various tropical drinks.

When I'm home I occasionally fix myself a nice vodka and tonic. When I'm on vacation I have a few every day as well a few rum punch.

I try not to overindulge with the vodka when I fix my drinks because I just feel miserable afterwards. Oh, I also make a real mean Bloody Mary but can not drink too many of those because it is very bad for the stomach.

Last week when I went to the supermarket I could not resist a six pack of Margaritas. They just looked so summery and inviting that I had to take a pack.

It has 5% alcohol per volume which is pretty low but it really tastes good. Now, while I'm writing this I am sipping one. It is pretty week yet, it puts me in a better mood. And, that is all I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment