Friday, July 4, 2014

Thursday

The most annoying thing in the world is when something happens to one's computer and it is beyond one's control. At least that's the way I feel right now.

This morning for no apparent reason my printer didn't work. I really don't know if it worked yesterday, but when I needed it this morning it just did not. I had something that I wanted to print out and just couldn't do it. The printer just sat there quiet as a church mouse and did not react.

After I spent a very long time trying to fix it but to no avail. Now I really don't know much about computers, I know how to turn it on and how to turn it off and that's just about does it. I went down on my hands and knees to look behind the printer to see if all the wires were in place but beside dust I could not see anything out of place.

Now, I am convinced that somebody who understands this blasted thing will just take one look and find out what is wrong but until that time I am without a working printer.

There are two people on my floor who I am sure know exactly what's wrong. One is two years old and the other is just over one. But they probably already know more than I do.

The annoying thing is that there is nobody I can ask because none of my friends are computer savvy.

So, I will just have to keep trying. Maybe accidentally I will find the solution. But then I will have to remember how I did it, for the future. And, that's not going to happen.

Other thing.

Today I stayed home for the better part of the day because it was cleaning day. I started before 9 in the morning and by 10:30 I was soaked in sweat. Not because of the heat, had the a/cs going. But because I worked so hard.

Then I realized that I really enjoyed doing the stuff. The bending downs, the moving arounds, the lifting things. It was better than a workout in the gym.

Maybe I am getting nuts, but it felt good. The fact that everything is clean makes it doubly good. It's a real achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment