Sunday, July 20, 2014

Saturday

It's been a very long day. I got up at 4:30 in the morning to take my friends to JFK airport. Since I sleep very badly anyway, I was not able to fall asleep until just about wake up time.

I left my garage at 5 am and it seemed I was the only one up at this time. The areas I drove through were really desolate and it felt really funny. The only beauty of it was that driving at such an early hour is really pleasant unless the City creates a traffic slowdown or some jerk creates an accident. But none of these happened and shortly after six I was back home again.

It was too early to stop for breakfast, nothing else was yet open so I just went back home. My problem was that I couldn't go back and sleep, I was too keyed up for that. So, I made coffee and watched TV.

Later in the day I met some friends in Manhattan for lunch.

For years we used to have brunch in a nice Italian restaurant in Manhattan but a while ago they went out of business so new place had to be found.

My friends found a nice Turkish restaurant in the same neighborhood. Now, I never ever had Turkish food and I went there with some reservations. But I'm glad to say it was very good. I had lamb (naturally) with a dark sauce and rice and it was very tasty. It was so much that I took part of it home and I'll have it for dinner.

After lunch we went over the Hungarian pastry shop for dessert because the Turkish place has only their coffee and that is so strong that it would keep everybody up all night long.

But that was fine since we were all Hungarians and we liked the pastry.

I had a good time. Good friends, good conversation. What else one needs when companionship is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment