Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Good Tuesday

Today as the title says was a good Tuesday. I wasn't home most of the day, I went to visit a friend.

And, because she does not live near me, I drove and drove and drove more. The good thing is that after more than fifty years of driving I still like to drive. Today I had the chance to enjoy myself.

I went to New Jersey to about a hundred miles away. But it was not the distance but the getting there what was the fun. I took the New Jersey Turnpike and then local roads. The Turnpike is great for high speed driving and the local roads are good for looking around and enjoying the areas.

It took a little more than two hours getting there and just about the same time getting home. But the weather was good, not much traffic so everything worked out fine.

I visited a friend whom I know for over fifty five years and her daughter who is a very lovely young lady. Actually my friend is a very lovely lady, too.

We had a great time. We talked, reminisced, ate good Hungarian food that she cooked and just generally enjoyed the day.

When I got home I had a message from another friend who lives in Georgia. It's Georgia US. I called her back and had a nice conversation.

It is a shame that all these good friends live spread all over the country. Why don't I have some good friends living in the same street where I am?

I think that only happens in small towns where people grow up together and then stay put and don't spread all over the country. But when opportunity knocks people must answer.

I grew up in another country, I don't have any school friends nearby. Most of my school friends are now in different parts of the world. Probably wouldn't recognize each other if we had the chance to meet.

But probably I wouldn't want to meet another old guy like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment