Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday

I had a very busy day today. Today I had to go to Manhattan to see my doctor. There was nothing wrong with me but I needed renewals for my prescription medications (blood pressure).

My health insurance company requires that I use their mail order feature for these prescriptions.

At first I was fighting them but when eventually they kind of read the riot act I complied. Now thinking back it is not such a bad deal. It is only bad for my local pharmacy because they lost my business.

This one is convenient and cheaper, too. I get a 90 day supply and they renew it automatically. Only at the end when there are no more renewals I need to send the new prescriptions. And that is why I went to see the doctor today.

This time I used the subway to go into the City because it was more convenient and cheaper. I really don't mind using public transportation when it is better than driving. Beside I have a senior discount card and this way it really do not cost much at all.

Drove enough yesterday and spent enough on tolls also. When I take the subway it is usually during the day, not rush hour. That way the trip is fairly pleasant and quick and always get a seat. And that is important because the ride takes easily 45 minutes and who wants to stand all that time. Stood enough when I was a member of the working class.

Today it was absolutely no beach day. It was cool, partly sunny and pretty dry. During the night the temperature went down to the low 60s, I slept with the windows open and it was very pleasant.

I'm watching the weather forecast because I owe myself a beach day. Haven't been out this week yet.

And I owe that much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment