Sunday, July 27, 2014

Saturday

Today is Saturday and I had a very interesting day. Early afternoon I went JFK International Airport because friend and her daughter were returning from a week vacation.

Actually, before going out to JFK I stayed home and did almost nothing useful. I puttered around the house but then I left.

I really like the airport and spending time out there is something I gladly do. Since their flight (JetBlue) was over an hour late I had ample time to do whatever I wanted.

So, I walked around, looked at the people, looked at the multitude of airlines leaving to various corners of the earth and arriving as well. I also took a ride on the Austrian that circulates the airport and stops at every terminal. It also gives a bird's eye view of the surroundings.

Then I sat at the terminal (#4) and waited. In the meantime listened to the announcements about arriving flights. Cairo Egypt, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Sri Lanka etc. All these faraway places came together in that one terminal. It was very interesting.

Watching the people arriving is another thing. I don't think there is another place where one can see such a microcosm of humanity. Different races, different colors, different cultures and different beliefs and all under one roof. If people could stay like that there would be no animosities in the world.

Maybe that is the solution. Throw everybody in one huge hall and let them get along with each other.

But I did come to one conclusion. There some cultures where they either don't care or don't know how to admonish children or they just don't believe in it.

I know waiting is not easy not even for adults much less for kids. But to let little kids run amok in a public place and not even trying to restrain them is unforgivable. That just show that the parents don't know the firs thing about raising their children.

These idiot kids think that an airline terminal is their private playground and run, scream, jump all over the place without their idiot parents telling them that it is not customary to do this.

But my friends eventually arrived safe and sound and we left the airport and those retarded kids.

I did become a grouchy old man, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment