Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunday

Today is or was Sunday. I really didn't do much simply because I had no real desire to do anything. Actually, I went to the gym in the morning and had a fairly good workout. After that I came home and in a while had lunch.

I have so much stuff here in the house that I really didn't want to eat out some junk. And in the afternoon I watched the soccer World Cup final which turned out to be pretty interesting.

I had an invitation to go into Manhattan to a restaurant and watch the game there but I declined because I had no desire to sit for two or more hours in a noisy restaurant with people screaming around me and watch a TV screen that's probably not as good as mine at home. At the end I'm glad I didn't go. It was a lot more comfortable at home.

Lately I really like to stay home alone. It is my choice and I am living with it.

Something else.

Last Friday I got a parking ticket because I overstayed my welcome by six minutes. Actually, I was getting a haircut and I guess I did not calculate the time needed very accurately. The fine is $35 but that's not the issue.

New York City has a five minutes leeway they give before a ticket is issued. I got the ticket for the extra ONE minute!

Now that is what I call a dirty break. The bastard ticket agent must have been standing by my car waiting for the time to pass.

Today I wrote a letter saying that I plead not guilty because I overparked by only one minute. With the exception of an atomic clock no timepiece is that accurate. Maybe it was only five minutes and not six.

The City must be in a very bad shape if they need my money so badly.

We'll see what their decision will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment