Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunday

I guess one can get "sick" of all the good weather. Maybe in Saudi Arabia where there is sun every day and over 100 degree temperatures people can get fed up. But here it is never enough. Today was another very nice day. Clear skies, sun and heat.

But in spite of all this beauty there is always something that can stain a day.

In my case it was the thing that I had to wear slacks.

You see, today is my bro-in-law's birthday. I invited him and his wife to brunch in Manhattan to a place of his choosing. The place was very nice in the middle of Manhattan but we didn't know how to dress. So we both decided that not taking the chance that there might be a dress code we would be wearing slacks.

Now, to me who decided that I will not put on slacks until Summer is over that was a big thing. But I agreed. It wasn't the most comfortable because I'm not used to it but what the heck!

The brunch was at a Greek restaurant and I have to admit it was really good. I had lamb salad. That was slices of lamb an a bed of spinach salad. I really liked it and we had a good time.

Afterwards I went on a hunting expedition.

There is a Hungarian street vendor who has a food truck and sells something on the streets of Manhattan. He lists on his Facebook page where he is every day so I went to find him and, I prevailed!

There is a Hungarian food item called langos or scone in English. Fresh dough fried in oil and various toppings on it. This is not as heavy as pizza, a lot lither and fluffier and crispy. Can be had with cheese, sour cream, mushroom or only garlic.

My choice is garlick alone. That's how my Mother made it and that's how I love it. The only place I had good langos was in Budapest. Over there it is very popular.

Anyway, this guy makes it on his truck and that was my dessert after the brunch. Man, it was great!

Now I am beginning my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment