Friday, July 25, 2014

Clean Thursday

Today I did laundry and cleaning my environment. That in itself is a pretty mundane list of events. But I did something that was bugging me for months because I had no clue how to get into it and do it successfully. But today I prevailed.

This thing had nothing to do with society or with the well being of humanity. I really have no interest in any of those things. Leave it up to the rich and famous.

We at home, here I mean had a porcelain/china bird collection of about fifty pieces. To be truthful two of those pieces are carved wood but the rest is porcelain, glass or metal. They started with my first wife then we continued adding to it. The collection include various named brands.

My big problem was how to clean the two shelves they were on. I saw dust building up around them but was afraid to touch these birds because I knew I couldn't put them back the way they were. And, they were placed in a good way.

So, time went by and the dust kept settling. And every time I looked at the shelves it was bothering me. Until today!

Today was the day when I saw the light at the end of this hopeless tunnel.

I took photographs of the two shelves, removed the birds, washed them, cleaned the shelves and replaced them following my "sheet music".

Now, aren't resourceful?

In all honesty, by the time I finished this particular operation my back hurt, my legs hurt. This was harder than cleaning the rest of my apartment. I can see now why my Wife only occasionally did this.

But when I was done it really felt good and I was very proud of myself. Like I said before society didn't benefit from this but I did and that's all that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment