Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday

It is Thursday evening and it is raining cats and dogs and there is thunder and lightning. I just got home from my friend's house where I had dinner, and a good one too and I drove through rain and the other stuff.

When I was driving the dark roads there were a few lightnings. Honestly, they were gorgeous. Some looked like a spider with all the arms. They were also gorgeous because they were there and I was here. Most of these natural and disastrous phenomenons look a lot better and safer from afar.

Other thing.

Another happy JetBlue event. My friend is going to Mexico on vacation in a while. Purchased her tickets back in March but never signed up to that place I wrote about yesterday for keeping a tab on the ticket price. At my insistence she signed up today. Right after registering it turned out that the price of the plane ticket dropped by $160 per ticket. She right away saved $320.

Good doggy, JetBlue!

Other thing.

The first tropical storm this season is called Arthur and he is here. Not in New York but way down South. It is formed and they say it is gaining strength and will travel up the East Coast. I had a cousin who's name was Artur but he was not a mean person so I hope this storm will also mellow out. It is a hell of a time to have a storm now just when the long weekend start. Actually it is never a good time to go through a tropical storm or hurricane.

I just hope we will not have any scare while we are down in St. Maarten. Through the years I went through a few but thankfully never a real hurricane. Only storms. I want to keep my record clean on this front. But this is why I always take travel insurance. Just in case!

There is and old Hungarian saying and since I am an old Hungarian I abide by it: the devil never sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment