Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Average People

My Wife and I were very average people. Never stood out in a crowd, never did anything that people could remember us. And we liked it that way.

That is why I was very surprised today on the beach.

But to start at the start. It was Monday morning and I got up all gung ho! Decided to go to the gym and being a very nice day after the gym I was to go to the beach.

Well, by 10 o'clock the gung ho fizzled and I talked myself out of the gym part of the program. That was very easy since there was nobody arguing with me.

After 11 I started off to the beach which I reached shortly after noon. It was nice and empty. Found myself a nice spot away from kids and people but nearer to an older couple.

I settled down and relaxed big time. Went to the water a few times which was very refreshing. Refreshing is my terminology for not warm. But still, the water was fine.

I recognized the couple near me because throughout the years I saw them out there. Recognized them because the man has that memorable look that I don't have.

After a while, I don't remember why, we started talking and the man said to me that his wife was telling him that she thought I was a "regular" because she did see me several times out there and she also remembered I was never alone but with a lady.

I explained the situation but it felt really good that somebody out there noticed and remembered us. They were very nice, expressed their condolences and then we did have a nice conversation.

I stayed on the beach for about three hours then went home. Bottom line, I did have a good time this time even if I were alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment