Monday, February 29, 2016

Sunday

I am a real wine connoisseur. During the Jewish holidays I like to drink Manischewitz kosher wine. This wine, at least the types I like are sweet and fruity. That can create an impression what a big wine lover I am. I usually buy it on a Friday so when somebody ask me what vintage it is I respond it is last Wednesday's. The stuff is good enough for me as it is.

Now, seeing what a wine expert I am it probably will not surprise anybody when I tell that today we bought ourselves a wine cooler. Not a plastic bag but an electric wine cooler that immediately became part of our living room landscape.

I mean come on, isn't natural that we can require that our wines are cooled to the proper temperature before opening the bottle? Anyway, even if it is not natural we now have it, it is filled to capacity and it looks nice.

I actually got very tired going down to the cellar for wine every time we wished to open a bottle thus the purchase.

Something else.

Tonight is Oscar night. Tonight is the time when Hollywood congratulates itself on the fantastic pieces of work they created all year long. The winners will gloat and the losers while happily smiling wish all the winners should be hit by lightning. The winners will ask for money from here on while the losers will be glad if they can get a job.

For days this will be news. Who won and why and who lost and why. After a short time nobody will remember any way and nobody will care anyway. They all think that they are God's gift to the cinema but by next year they will be a faint memory at best.

Now I am going to watch the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment