Monday, February 8, 2016

Sunday

It is Sunday evening and the only thing America watches is the Super Bowl. I probably would watch it if I were to understand the game and would care about who wins. I live in this country like forever but never developed an understanding or the appreciation of the game.

All I know that a bunch of guys the size of my refrigerator slam into one another throughout the evening. For some weird reason Americans are crazy about this game.

An interesting observation by me.

The Super Bowl, regardless which two teams are playing, are watched by the entire country. The baseball World Series are not watched at all unless one of the teams is local. I can understand that the World Series is dragged out to seven games while the Super Bowl is a one game live or die event.

The Americans are trying Europe to accept this game by playing a few season games over there but I don't believe they met with much success. And I can totally understand the Europeans. If I lived there I couldn't care much about this sport either.

Football must be good for the potato chip industry because today the shelves were almost empty in the supermarket we just came back from.

Lately I have been watching some rugby from Australia. Now that is a man's sport. No stopped play every 30 seconds, they are not dressed in space suits but just shorts and shirts and they have nothing on to absorb the hits and falls. Those guys are tough and mean. It is surprising that this sport never found home here in the US.

But the American public is a weird mixture. They like baseball and football. Need to say anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment