Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tuesday

Between my wife and I we have two cars. That is not unusual but since we moved in our new place and got married we only use one car. Mainly because we are always together, do things together and really are not apart.

One car is a Hyundai Santa Fe SUV and the other is a Mitsubishi Outlander. Both cars are fairly new models and both are parked in the building's garage. Since we are always together in the same car one car is just standing in the garage and collects dust. So, we were thinking about what if we go buy a new car and trade these two in. We can live very happily and comfortably with one car as most of the people do.

Sunday lacking anything more entertaining to do we went out to the Hyundai dealer and looked at the latest models. Since I know the sales lady there we felt her out (not up) about our idea just to know if it was doable. She said yes and being a true sales person right there and then wanted to sell us a car. My history is that every time I went to "just look" always wound up buying the stuff. This time however I was strong and resisted the urge. I'm proud of myself!

We were told that the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe was out and it is a really good looking car. In addition to everything that my car has it has three more cameras (one forward and two sideways) and also it has a power lift gate that is really "very necessary" for a car to have.

Anyway we told the lady that we would mull over the idea and will return when we are ready but before the final decision is made we will also check out the Mitsubishi line.

Something else.

Today's dinner will be a real Hungarian dish that I happened to love. It is called paprikas krumpli. It has no English translation and I will not even attempt one. I you are not Hungarian I feel sorry for you!

One of the main delicacies of Hungarian dessert preparation is ground poppy. Not for opium but to have it with food. I happened to love the stuff. My Mother used to make egg noodles sprinkled with sugary poppy (makos teszta) and I always liked it. I kind of grew up on that. We had that for lunch today with wonton soup and for dinner a few nights ago without the wonton soup. If one wants a meatless dinner this stuff is great.

Writing about this good food made me hungry so good bye, I'm off to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment