Sunday, February 28, 2016

Travel

Eastern Europeans, mainly those coming from formerly communist countries are hooked on travel. Mainly because during the soviet rule traveling outside one's own country was unheard of. It was strictly reserved for the selected few. Maybe it was this way because the masters of our universe at that time didn't want us to see how people lived in other parts of the world. They were afraid we wouldn't be happy with what we had and might want more.

That was why I was not surprised when the Polish cardinal Wojtyla became Pope John Paul II and using his position almost immediately started to travel. Why not, it was paid by the company!

Anyway, my wife was lucky enough to travel all over Europe and saw many beautiful places. She saw bullfights in Spain, visited Barcelona, spent time on Costa Brava, was in Gibraltar and was in Italy including Rome and Venice. She also had the chance to travel along the Mediterranean as well as the Adriatic coasts and visited many inland countries as well.

I went to a few of the major cities in Europe but spent time mainly in Hungary. We talked about her showing me some of these beautiful places and I am very excited about the prospects of it.

Actually we have fairly long list of places we would love to visit and the range of it expands from Alaska all the way to Australia. So far this year we are sure of two places we will visit. Las Vegas and Hawaii.

But then the year is just beginning so we have time to plan.

The problem I have with my lovely wife is that she is very impressionable as far as travel is involved. I have two friends who have traveled very extensively and every time we are together they fill her head with travel ideas. I usually just sit there and contemplate how much these ideas will cost me.

I jokingly told her that in the future I forbid her to talk to these people because nothing good ever comes out of these discussions. Yea right! Like I would forbid her to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment