Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Monday

All afternoon I was fighting with airlines to get the right number of points for our future travels. We belong to a few frequent flying groups through the various airlines but it is very difficult to gather up enough points. Just when I think we have enough it turns out that is only enough for half the trip.

Anyway, yesterday we realized that our upcoming Hawaiian Airlines trip to Hawaii qualifies us for JetBlue points. So I just got off the phone after talking to a pineapple dressed person who claims to have taken care of things. Time will tell.


Today is Chinese New Year and since New York has more Chinese than Shanghai(?) it is now a public school holiday. The kids really don't care as long as it is a holiday.

It is amazing how little these kids care about anything in this world. If somebody would say we will celebrate Dzingis Khan's name day they would say fine as long as there is no school.

Anyhow as I just said there was no school today but since it was snowing in the morning there was nothing we really could do in the outdoors. So we just stayed home.

Actually, in the morning I had an eye doctor appointment. He said my eyes looked great. But he gave me some drops for the glaucoma in my right eye. Two weeks from today I have to go back for a checkup.

As far as the glaucoma the doctor said it was very common amongst East European Jewish people. I said I was one and I couldn't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment