Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tuesday

Today is February 2, Groundhog Day. They say that the two groundhogs who supposed to know about weather than the weathermen did not see their shadows and decided to stay outside. They might know something because all day long it was very springlike with the sun shining and the remaining snow melting.

If it stays like this I will take out my shorts and short sleeves and start wearing them. It looks like this year we had a short winter. About two weeks long.

But aside from that we had a very busy day today. My wife and I did laundry in the morning then on to the weekly housecleaning.

This second one meant that my wife and lady who helps out for a few hours did all the work and I tried to stay out of their ways all day long. This included going to the post office, doing some important shopping and picking up the dry cleaning. Then I retreated to my man cave where I spent valuable hours on the computer honing my Solitaire playing skills.

To reward me for my help my wife served chicken noodle soup and stuffed peppers for lunch and beef stew for dinner. Each low calories, naturally.

No wonder that by the end of the day I am totally exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment