Sunday, February 7, 2016

Saturday

Don't think that we have nothing else to do but eat but my wife creates such a fantastic menus every day that I have to mention it. Today for example we had chicken noodle soup and stuffed pepper for lunch. The stuffing was veal witch was a great touch. For dessert we had some poppy seed cakes.

Ok, so we didn't have breakfast meaning I don't feel too guilty.

Now, dinner is another story.

She is preparing smoked turkey legs with sauerkraut mixed with beans for soup and then oven baked veal with tomatoes and peppers with couscous. I think these are all together about a light year's worth of calories but today is Saturday and the last time I checked it was permissible.

All these are under the pretense that we eat Hungarian but I don't believe this is what an average Hungarian meal consists of. But you know what? I really don't care! As long as it tastes good I'll eat it. And, everything my wife cooks taste fantastic. I just love her cooking because besides the normal ingredients there is an additional item in every meal she prepares. She puts love in all her preparations!

It is midafternoon at this writing and I am already anxiously waiting for dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment