Sunday, February 21, 2016

Saturday

Friday night we had a great night. My wife's son invited us out to dinner. This was a belated Valentine's day present for his mother. The dinner was great and at the same time very educational. Educational in the gastronomical sense.

We went down to the Village and ate at a nice quaint Georgian restaurant. My wife and I had Azerbaijani food once but this was Georgian. Not Georgian from the South of the US but Georgian that is in Eurasia. I have to admit I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be delicious, nice atmosphere and good service.

We all had appetizers and then the main courses. I can not pronounce what we ate but mine was a lamb stew while my wife's selection was a beef kebab. Both of us were happy with our selections. Oh, and we washed the food down with a semi-sweet red wine.

When one goes to a strange restaurant there is nothing to fall back on so we are relying on reading the description of each course and make the selection accordingly. Lucky for us, the menu was very descriptive and that make selection easy.

After dinner we drove uptown to the Hungarian pastry shop and finished the day with a little pastry from our neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment