Saturday, October 25, 2014

Wednesday

Even though it is Friday that I am writing this I have to mention past Wednesday.

On that afternoon I went back Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for the monthly bereavement meeting. The last time I was there was in July and I really missed it.

I was not able to attend because of the busy Summer schedule that included my visitors and me being away. But missing these sessions was not a traumatic experience however, going back again made me feel really good.

I was received like the prodigal son who just returned home. Some of the people thought that I was done with these sessions since they didn't remember that I told them in July that I would skip the next two months.

There were familiar faces as well as some new people. Tragedy unfortunately does not take a breather meaning there will never be a shortage of people who lose loved ones and need some kind of counseling, a shoulder to cry on or just open up and talk.

Even though people lose loved ones all the time it is interesting to observe how few of them admit that they do need some kind of an outlet for their emotions. An outlet that no friend or family can provide. An outlet where crying is not to be ashamed of. Such atmosphere can only be provided by people who are in the same ballpark. By people who go through the same pain and suffering.

This is a warm and very respectable environment where nobody have to hold back anything. Some people lost their loved ones over a year ago and still come. It does not mean that they still didn't heal it just means that they want to talk about their pains that really never go away.

On that note I am looking forward to the next get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment