Thursday, October 9, 2014

New Car

A major new member came into my very small family (of one).

On September 19 of this year I took possession of a new car. My previous car (2012) was a lease which was due to expire in December but I got the bug, went to look at the newer models and wound up leasing a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe right there and then.

It is two months early but Hyundai had a program where they forgive the last two months if one leases a new car from them.

I love my new car. It is an SUV, it is mineral gray (whatever that is) and it has enough gadgets to keep me busy learning them for a long time. Probably won't need or use them ever but they are still in the car.

Actually, all I wanted was leather seats and a moon roof. But in order to get these I had to purchase three options for over seven thousand dollars because the things I wanted were in the last option. The first two options have stuff that are totally useless for me. But, this the way one buys a new car now a days.

What I did get for "free" were front and rear bumper guards that the dealer installed by mistake. They were slated for another car but I guess they can not handle more than one new car a day. Anyway, I call these rhino guards. If I ever come across a rhinoceros in New York I am well protected. Actually, not me but the car.

The car drives well, it is very comfortable and looks good inside and out. My friends like it and that's all I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment