Sunday, October 12, 2014

Birthday

Today is my wife's birthday. It is not a sad occasion because I am eternally grateful to Fate that I had the chance to meet Her and spend a great part of my life with Her.

It is a day of celebration. The celebration of Her life that to me meant everything in this world.

It was over thirty-five years we spent together and that was really the biggest part of my life.

Not a day goes by, not an hour goes by that I do not think of Her. I am alone but not lonely. She is with me every minute of every day.

Everything I do and everything I learned of life is because of Her. She and I made a good couple (I think). We loved each other regardless of our faults and shortcomings. We criticized and forgave and that is what love is all about. And that love is staying with me, surrounding me in my home.

I always believe that regardless of such catastrophe as losing the love of one's life, life goes on, the sun will rise up the next day. So, I am trying to carry on with my life as close to normal as possible. But She is in my heart and Her memory will live in me as long as I am alive.

Last year at this time we were in the hospital. She was there on Her birthday. She developed high fever in the morning and we had to go to Urgent Care. I clearly remember that when She was released a few hours later She was joking with the nurses telling them smilingly that "today is my birthday". Naturally they all wished Her the best. What a way to celebrate!

That was when troubles were starting when things were beginning to go downhill. We never realized then how little time She had left in this world, how little time we had remaining to spend together.

But we showed our love until the last minute, until Her last breath of air.

So today I will think of the good memories, of the love we shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment