Thursday, October 30, 2014

Computer

Tuesday around 1 PM FedEx delivered my supposedly repaired Toshiba tablet. Time will tell how good it will work and for how long.

The final bill wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, only $265. The bill was nickel and dimed to death so it was hard to determined where was the larger expense. This way I really can not go back to Toshiba and complain. But maybe I will still do just to make myself feel better.

Now the time will come for me to make a little bigger purchase. I need to buy a new computer. This one, the one I am writing this on is really acting up.

We bought this in 2006 December and in the computer world it is ancient. I think computers age a lot faster than dogs.

They say one dog year is the same as bout seven people year. In a computer's life span one year must be one year equalling fifteen (15) years. So, my laptop is now walking on crutches!

I thought I would buy an "all-in-one" computer. They come in larger screen, need less space on my desk and some of them also have touch screen control.

I was at Best Buy yesterday looking around and talking to a salesman. Talking to a computer salesman who is about one third of my age is a frightening experience. He is using words I have no clue about. He is telling me information that I do not understand.

I don't even know what to ask without sounding like an imbecile. I want to know how to turn it on and how to turn it off, where to plug it in and what color it comes. Don't talk to me about gigabyte, memory card, virtual horseshit etc.

But just like my new shoes I'll somehow going to get it done.

P.s. If I don't write tomorrow there is a very good reason for it. I bought a new computer today and I will try to set it up but there is no guaranty it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment