Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Twenty Five

It should be against the law to be twenty five years old!

It is such a beautiful age that thinking back now it is only a vague memory of the time I was at that age.

My friend's daughter is twenty five years old today and looking from my vantage point she has everything going for her.

First of all she is young, then beautiful, then smart, then healthy and then she has a good job. What else can one young lady ask for in these times.

She is at the age when she is not a total grown up, yet she is not a child anymore. She has her entire life ahead of her with all the happiness and disappointments and a life where she can be whatever she wants to be.

She is a very cool thinker. She knows what she wants out of life and I am sure she is going to succeed getting it.

When I stretch my memory and rorce myself to think back of my life at that age, what a difference!

When I was twenty five years old I was in this country for four years already and trying to make a life for ourselves. I was learning the language, working full time and going to school at night.

Since I never had any feel for business I was slated to work for salary and as such was always trying to find a employment with good compensations.

Actually, I didn't do too bad on that front because I stayed for forty years at my last place of employment.

Now what would have I done differently at age twenty five? Probably nothing. Maybe if conditions were different but as they were I couldn't do anything else.

My wife and I were alone in this country. I had some distant relatives but we couldn't have asked them to support us while we studied. And for what end? Life would have probably turned out the same anyway.

I am really not sorry for the life I had so far. Well, I am extremely sorry for the loss I suffered nine months ago but other that I don't think I would have changed anything in my past life.

Maybe to get to know my Wife sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment