Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Facebook

I am not on Facebook, I don't know what Facebook is, I don't know what Facebook does and I don't know how Facebook works.

And, honestly I really don't even care. I have lived this long without Facebook and very likely I can go on for a while longer without that knowledge.

I have absolutely no intention to let the world know who I am, where I am, what I am eating, what I am doing, what my interests are or just what I am thinking.

But it seems that the world is going crazy with Facebook and its offshoots. Some people honestly believe that a humongous number of their "friends" do nothing but waiting with abated breath about their escapades.

These people who are waiting it seems have nothing better to do with their lives and are nothing but just plain nosey in my opinion. Either they are jealous or they just want to see the newest events in order they may criticize it.

As far as I am concerned it is nobody's frigging business where I am, what I am doing, what I am drinking and what my meals look like.

The etiquette of the Facebook and cell phones is another story.

Some people are so engrossed in their constant messaging that they really don't pay any attention to their surroundings, companions and or environment. They think if five minutes is skipped without reporting the world will come to an end.

This may be a shock to them, it will not! Life will go on totally undisturbed.

I have seen people, families or friends sitting in restaurants around tables and every single one had a phone in his and her hands and were diligently working on them probably reporting to the world about their current events.

I really believe old fashioned conversation went out of style. People got so used to texting to each other that if they ever met they wouldn't know what to say. Probably instead of talking they would just text while standing next to one another.

I don't use Facebook, I don't text (unless absolutely necessary) and don't use the cell phone while I'm driving. There is no emergency in my life that can not wait until I reach safe harbor. What did we do in the "old" days?

Bad news always found us and good news, well whenever it found us it was welcomed. And the world survived this communication gap very well.

But this is the price of progress. We just going to have to get used to it, I guess.

Now ain't this a crazy world we live in?

No comments:

Post a Comment