Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Trifle Things

I hate to buy anything just because it looks good. That's a woman's things. My Wife looked at stuff in the stores and if She liked them She bought them. Only asked afterwards "do I really need this?".

I like to wear things until they wear off because this way I feel I got my money's worth. This does not mean I wear ancient, outdated stuff.

You can imagine my great pleasure when I noticed the other day that the sole on one of my favorite shoes cracked in half. I took them to my shoemaker who very honestly told me it was not worth fixing it.

So now I can go out and buy myself a new pair of shoes. This will be a justified purchase for sure and I hope the new ones will last as long as their predecessors did.

Something else.

A few weeks ago my two year old, not inexpensive Toshiba tablet gave up working as well as it should. So I sent it off to Toshiba for repair. The warranty expired long time ago meaning I was about to pay for everything. Just to diagnose the problem is $125. Cheaper to go to the doctor!

After a week they called me and told me it needed a new battery, cost $290 (the $125 is included). I said OK. I waited a week because the part had to be shipped from Japan(?). Finally, last week they called me again saying they just got the part and now they would put the tablet through a thorough check then ship it out to me.

Then came another call telling me that the memory board was defective and needed to be replaced. Now I'm up to $390 already. But the sucker that I am I said it was OK, again. I guess they had the part because later Friday I received an e-mail that the tablet was shipped out and I should get it by Tuesday.

The bottom line is do not buy Toshiba because their stuff sucks and they do not stand by their product. Once I will get my tablet back I will write to them an angry letter about this. Even if I don't get anything back at least it will make me feel good.

This is the same thing as cursing out somebody through the closed car window. Hopefully the other person can not hear it but it still feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment