Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend

The weekend went by very fast. Instead of taking it easy Saturday was my busiest day of the week.

Most of my Saturdays are usually spent with a friend of mine and her daughter. This Saturday we had a really full schedule. We went to look for patio (terrace) furniture (three stores), then we did some shoe shopping (not for me), then we went to buy some tableclothes (not for me), than we looked for some ladies' clothing.

At the end we both two pairs of sunglasses (one for me). Than we finally went to the supermarket where we bought what was on the original agenda.

After that, around 6:00 in the evening we decided to eat. Being just about dinnertime and a beautiful day every place we tried was so crowded that the waiting was 35-45 minutes. Eventually we found a very nice restaurant where there was no waiting, the food was very good as well as the service.

We finished dinner by 7:30 and decided to call it a day. I took them home and by the time I got home was well after 8 o'clock. A long, long day.

After unpacking my supermarket purchases I plopped down front of the TV and did not move for over two hours.

That was Saturday. Now Sunday was a differently paced day. I had big plans to do a lot of good around the house since I really didn't want to go out at all.

The good news is that most of the good are still to be done. That means I'll never be bored. But seriously, I did some good.

Primarily I fed myself fairly well. Then I spent several hours writing cards to people to express my appreciation and thanks for the love they have shown towards my wife and (maybe) me. It really felt good. And, when I look at the pile of cards that I will have to mail tomorrow I am proud of me.

I don't know how I will top this achievemnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment