Sunday, April 27, 2014

Computer Games

I love to play various games on my computer. I like Solitaire, I like various Mah Jong games, I play Bingo occasionally, I like Blackjack and I like crossword puzzles.

I don't play for real money, I just play for the glory. If I can beat myself I'm satisfied. The problem with all these games is that playing any one of them eats up time. Once I get involved with one game I find myself going and going to the next steps and before I realize it hours went by and nothing useful was done.

My wife always said me that I could sh.t away time like nobody else. Now that there is nobody to chide me I am realizing how true that was.

In the morning when I get up I turn my computer on. I check the financial situation, check the news and just to unwind I play some games. That's when my troubles start. Before I realize half the morning went away and nothing was done. Didn't go to the gym, didn't have breakfast, didn't make up the bed.

That is the problem with these games that they are really habit forming. Like right now when I am writing this.

It is almost ten o'clock at night. There is nothing interesting on TV, I was out all day and I am really tired. But I know that when I finish this writing I will start playing some game and will keep playing for quite a while.

So on that note good night world, I am going to unwind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment