Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Bathroom

I live in an apartment house on the third floor. Above me is the fourth floor which is obvious, right? About six months ago the toilet in the bathroom above mine had some problem and subsequently it flooded mine. The ceiling was all wet through, there was water on the floor everywhere. Thankfully, it was just clean water and not any other stuff if you know what I mean.

The good thing is that since this is a cooperative building and the tenant above me is a shareholder she is responsible for the repairs. I am a renter which means I don't have to pay for anything. Being poor has its advantages!

The building superintendent came up a few days after the big flood, knocked down part of the ceiling and repaired it, meaning re-plastered it. Now, it looks like shit because the bathroom walls are a kind of light yellow and the plaster is white. But I really don't go into the bathroom with my eyes fixed on the ceiling, so it doesn't bother me.

The super asked us several time when we wanted the bathroom painted because he was prepared to do it. For obvious reasons we were not really prepared for that job.

Now, last week he stopped me in the hallway and asked when could he paint the bathroom. I mumbled something that sounded like soon.

The problem I'm having is that I will supply the paint because the house brand is pure crap, and I have to buy the right color. COLOR is the problem word!

There are eight million varieties of yellow and I will have to pick the right one otherwise I have to live with the consequences. You see my dilemma? That is why I am not anxious to get this job done.

Life is full of hurdles!

No comments:

Post a Comment