Sunday, April 13, 2014

Great country

This is a great country we live in!

Since I have not much else to do I watch maybe a little more TV than usual. As such I see programs I usually would not be watching.

I love to see C-Span where the politicians just love to hear themselves speak. Congressional hearings are better than David Letterman. These jokers ask questions that are much-much longer than the answers. These questions are so convoluted that at the end I for one forgot already what was the real question.

The only thing these clowns don't do is to stand on the table and scream: please reelect me! But this might not be far off in the future.

BBC, the British station has a program called Ask the prime minister. This is coming from the British parliament where once a week they have this session. I find it funny and I am sure many other Americans find it the same.

Well, our congressional hearings are not far behind these. I am sure foreigners who are watching them will find them amusing to say the least.

Now, speaking about democracy.

There is a television station broadcasting at least on my cable that is maintained by the Russian government. It is called RT, short for Russian Today.

This station is broadcasting primarily Russian oriented programs, exclusively (I think) in English. It is aimed at the American audience.

There is no need to say that everything is tilted such a way as to show what nice people the Russians are and what a misunderstood and humanitarian government they have.

During the Crimean crisis they went out of their way to show what liers tha Americans were, how distorted the news were and how nice and good everything was in the Crimean region. They almost went to the point where they would have said that those uniformed and armed (Russian) goons were nothing else but school crossing guards.

Give them credit where credit is due, they do show some international news but their programming is primarily about Russia and most of their correspondents are Russians with the exceptions a few Americans who really don't care where their money is coming from.

When Larry King left CNN he found a home with RT. I guess he didn't care where his money came from as long as he could talk.

At least Al Jazeera America the Arab TV network that is owned by a not very America friendly Arab country do not broadcast anti-American programs!

This is what I mean when I say "It is a great country we live in"!

No comments:

Post a Comment