Monday, April 14, 2014

Sunday

Today I decided to do something worthwhile. I got a birthday present way back in January that was the wrong size. Actually it was a belt that was too big for me. I decided to exchange it for the correct size.

Easier said than done. It was bought at Macy's and it was pretty expensive. That's o.k. I deserved it! The problem was that no Macy's in my area or in the entire Long Island carry that belt. I was told that it was an upscale item and it was available only in the Manhattan store, the big one.

It seems that the clientele around here don't deserve the good stuff, they are not good enough for it.

So, Sunday I drove into Manhattan to take care of it. Traffic was fairly light and I easily found parking on the street. The only hold up was that there was an Iranian New Year parade down Madison Avenue and that stopped traffic.

I was a little pissed. I come in to Manhattan one day and the Iranians have to hold their parade on the same day. That's not fair!

I watched it for a while. It was very colorful and cheerful with a lots of loud, and not unpleasant music. I don't think it was Muslim or christian or Jewish. It was Iranian with a lots of Arab writings on the floats. I came to one very serious conclusion though: Iranian women, the young ones, are very good looking.

After that I went to Macy's where I exchanged my belt with no problem. In the lower level I found a very large eating place with salad bar and hot foods so I decided to have lunch there.

I tell you, Macy's is no slouch when it come to prices. The mixed salad that I put together from the salad bar and an iced coffee came to more than $16. Anywhere else I could have gotten the same salad for half the price. Well, it was for me and I am not regretting it.

When I finished lunch I drove around a little in Manhattan then headed back home. Traffic was bearable so it wasn't unpleasant. But when I crossed the bridge back to Queens I almost kissed the ground I was so glad. I do not like Manhattan! But I think I expressed that sentiment before.

The nice thing about today was that the weather was beautiful. Sunny and warm. People came out, shed their warm clothes and just enjoyed the nice spring almost summery day.

Oh, the other nice thing about today was that the Market was not open and there was no reason to get upset. Tomorrow is another story!

No comments:

Post a Comment