Thursday, March 27, 2014

Shopping

Yesterday I decided to "splurge". I figured nothing is too expensive for me so I spend money on myself, for a change.

I have a bedside alarm clock radio that is quite a few years old and not all of its functions are working (just like me!). I like to go to sleep with some music on but can not turn it low enough that the neighbors wouldn't hear it.

So, yesterday I went to Best Buy, Walmart and Target for comparison shopping. Doesn't it make sense? One just doesn't go and buy the first item he sees without further investigation, right?

Well, the ones I saw were were in different price ranges from $200 down. I don't need the damn thing to talk to me, to curl up next to me, charge all the electronics during the night including my Apple phone (that I don't have) and god knows what else.

I just want an am, fm radio with wake up and sleep features. The simplest things one needs the hardest it is to find. But I prevailed and I found a nice little RCA radio at Target for $8.39. Yes, for $8.39.

Can't tell you how happy I was with my find. Good name, looks good, has everything I wanted.

Long story short: it is going back to Target. Biggest piece of sh.t in a small box. I really got what I paid for. That what happens when somebody is cheap or wants to be thrifty.

The trouble with technology today that it is moving ahead in leaps and bounds. They are forcing us to keep up with it otherwise we will be left behind, far behind.

I have a Panasonic mini stereo system with two speakers. The thing has cd player, tape player and am/fm radio. There is also a record player connected to it. It perfectly fits behind a glass door in a wooden cabinet. Well, sometime ago its start up memory went haywire and I found out it can not be fixed. I guess it got alzheimer's.

I'm going nuts trying to find a similar one since this model is discontinued. I went to a few stores and asked around. The sales people looked at me with those sorrow look and shook their heads while saying oh we don't make those anymore. Now, if that does not make one feel old I don't know what does.

But I don't give up. I keep looking. Even if one has an I-phone or blue tooth something charger built in I might buy it just to show those sales people how cool I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment