Friday, March 28, 2014

Cleaning and other stuff

I'm really getting the hang of it. Yesterday was "cleaning day" in my house. I made all kinds of plans what needed to be done, how to do it and how long it would take.

Well, I started around 9 am and was finished by 1 pm. I am getting pretty well organized and I am proud of me for this acomplishment. It's not that I skip things just that some things only get done maybe every two weeks. Since I am the only one here I really don't make too much of a mess. So, why should I kill myself doing stuff that is not needed.

It is a scientific mystery how dust get inside the apartment when no windows are ever open. Yet, after a week or so everything is covered with a fine layer of dust. I would love to know the answer to that.

The funny thing about cleaning is that when the work is done everything is nice, clean and smell good with a clean smell. I am afraid to move, to sit down for disturbing this idyllic environment. It takes a while until I start to feel at home again. And figure so what, if I mess it up I'll just fix it again.
==================================
Later today I will meet with friends that I haven't seen in a long time. My friend and I know each other for almost a lifetime, and believe me that is a long time. Unfortunately, him and his wife live on the othe side of the pond in good old England and we only meet when they come to our side. Anyway, today is the first day that we will meet.

Our plan is to visit some sites in New York, have a nice lunch, talk, catch up with each other then see each other ahgain next Monday for one more time before they are returning home. They knew my wife and were the first to call years ago when they found out about Her illness. So I am sure we will not lack subjects to talk about.

This is what I meant in an earlier writing. Friends like him are not easy to find. Mainly for someone who didn't grow up in this country. Unless one arrives here in a really young age and creates lasting friendships right at the beginning it is not easy.

That's why I cherish these friends I have from the old world. Not that I don't cherish the friends I cultivated since arriving to these shores.

No comments:

Post a Comment