Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, 2009

Today is Pearl Harbor Day. Today is the 68th anniversary of Japan attacking the US.

Now tell me, aren't we living in a crazy world?

In 1941 Japan attacked Hawaii and now they are the best and most populous tourists there.

This was just a short thought about the subject.

===========================

Now I want to say something about human cruelty. This is not ordinary cruelty but torture bordering on sadism.

There is one word that describes this kind of torture and it is called diet.

Dieting is the pure form of torture. And I am sure many of my friends agree with me.

For example, today we happened to be near our favorite Hungarian restaurant. Naturally we went in for a light lunch.

Light lunch is fiction, it is a myth in a Hungarian restaurant. Goulash soup, chicken paprikash and a dessert are not light in this world.

Now, since I am dieting I was hard pressed to curtail my appetite. OK, my dieting shows its results. I lost about eight pounds (about 0.6 stone) so far, and it's visible. At least my pants are not tight anymore.

But back to the restaurant. My wife went in while I circled around for parking place. When I finally found one and went in she told me that guess what the people at the next table had for lunch. The people were a man and a woman.

The had a chestnut puree, back to this later, and two cherry seed strudels with the accompanying coffees.

She found that disgusting while I found it fascinating. I could manage that I said to myself, very quietly. Now, to me that would be a lunch of a fantastic experience. But, being on a diet I could only dream!

Now back to the chestnut puree. That is a Hungarian delicacy creating indescribable joy to ones palate. It is chestnut puree (mashed) with a little rum added pressed through a potato grater and mixed with whipped cream. Or something like this.

What do I know. I'm a man, I don't cook and I am not a pastry chef, I eat.


All I know that to me chestnut puree is the purest form of delicacy and enjoyment. It is high on sugar and it is fattening. It has all the wrong ingredients. That's what makes it so desirable.

For me, right now that is the forbidden fruit.

Maybe if I eat some I'll be thrown out of Eden and be ashamed of my nudity.

No comments:

Post a Comment