Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009

There is nothing really more aggravating than when one knows there is a problem, goes for the solution or cure and is told that nothing wrong was found.

For example a person has pains somewhere in his body. Goes for a checkup or in a hospital. They conduct all kind of tests and find nothing wrong. He is discharged, goes home and the problem or ache persists. Everybody is convinced that he is nuts and is imagining all his troubles.

Now, this was the dramatic buildup to our problem.

Last week our microwave got sick. It is a Sharp Convection Microwave that is five years old. Last week we noticed that while using it its top got very hot. Hotter than usual.

So, last Thursday I called the Sharp Factory number and talked to someone in technical services. I realized that the person on the other end had no clue about the problem. When I said what was happening his response was "gee, that doesn't sound too good".

He suggested that we take the patient to a nearby factory authorized service place which I did. Man, that thing was heavy! Good thing I go to the gym.

A week later, today, we found out it was ready. I went there to pick it up. Talked to the technician who told me he found nothing wrong with it.

He was giving me advice on how to use it and what might have been the cause of the problem. I kept telling him this never happened until last week and we never changed our cooking habits. But to no avail. He insisted that there was nothing wrong with this thing.

This was what I was implying to at the beginning. There is the problem, there are the symptoms and the expert tells you there is nothing wrong.

It's annoying to say the least.


===========================

They say that bad news always come threes. There must be some truth to it.

Last Friday we were told that my cousin's husband passed away here in New York.

This past Tuesday I was talking to a very good friend of mine who told me that an elderly lady he was looking after for years passed away. I knew the person and her story so naturally it upset me.

Then this morning I received a call from Hungary from my cousin who informed me that his younger brother, my other cousin, passed away this morning. This shook me up a lot because I knew him very well, and with his passing the number of my living relatives shrunk tremendously.

Why is it that most of these bad news come when a person is older and more sensitive to such events?


1 comment:

  1. We are all going through the cycle of life. When you are young marrige and babies are the events, followed by garduation and marrige of OUR children, than come the grand kids.
    Now we are even older and so are our friends and relatives.
    I am waiting for the long life pills and although I am sad about the passing of others, it is far better that I hear the bad news than being the bad news.

    ReplyDelete