Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4, 2009

Today I received a call from a very close and dear friend.

I asked how he was feeling.

He told me he was very very depressed, he couldn't sleep and he was sinking deeper and deeper into the dark world of depression.


I inquired about the reason of his depression and he told me it had nothing to do with the sorry state of the economy, it had nothing to do with the affairs in Iraq and Afghanistan, it had nothing to do with the fact that he was alone.

Then what can cause such a state of mental anguish, I inquired.

It was the Tiger Woods affair, he said.

In his words this is a national tragedy.

I agreed with him. I told him it is causing us also to have sleepless nights. We really worry about him and his family.


Like hell we are!

Here is this dumb-ass golfer who is worth close to a billion dollars, has a beautiful family and doesn't know what to do with himself.

I can understand that celebrity status has its temptations.

It is always easier for a man than a woman to commit indiscretions. But it doesn't mean he has to respond to every flirt or suggestive behavior.

If he can control the golf
balls, why can he not control his libido? Celebrity status comes with certain responsibilities.

Even though I don't see golf as a real sport, nevertheless they are athletes. As such they have to exhibit exemplary behavior.


Tiger Woods did not fare well on this front. As an athlete of such high standing he showed very bad judgment and he showed very bad behavior.

I am really surprised that all his sponsors still stand by him. Doing that they are really condoning such a behavior. It really shows that they are only interested in the mighty dollar.


The way I see it public opinion is divided on this important issue.

Golfers are mainly men and men are mostly behind him. They are convinced that he behaved like any real man would.


Women on the other hand are convicting him of adultery. They see what he did is unforgivable.

Wives are a funny breed. Some women will kick their husbands out the door at the first sign of any indiscretion.

On the other hand, some women will stay with their man no matter what they did.


Starting with a previous First Lady, then the wife of the previous governor of New York State, then the wife of the governor of South Carolina then the wife of a presidential hopeful from the South. There must be countless others who are not chronicled.


The point is that all these women stayed with their husbands NOT out of love but for money or power or both.

I'm so happy I am not a celebrity and women are not throwing themselves at my feet. I don't know if I would be able to control my "wild desires".

But I do know that I would be out on my behind a minute after being discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment