Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21, 2009

I wrote in December 10 about our "sick" microwave oven.

Today we went and bought a new one. It was amazing how difficult it was to find one. Actually we knew exactly what we wanted.

Internet advertised oodles of places selling this particular model. But when we called each and every one in our vicinity they all said the did not have any available.

Places that sell through the Internet said if we order it might take two weeks to get it. Come on, we want it for the Holiday. Can't wait two weeks.

It seems this model is either a very popular one or Sharp is phasing it out and that is the reason for the shortage.

Finally, we found a P.C. Richards store not far from us that had one left. We hurried over and claimed it. Just as the salesman promised on the phone it was there waiting for us.

Now the price is another story. It is almost as much fun as buying a car. There was big time haggling between us and the salesman.

The original price was $499, it was reduced to $469 and finally we got it for $409. I think what happens is that as long as we are convinced that we made a good deal that's all what counts.

This is typical to the "I would have paid more for it and I could have given it to you for less" situation.

It's a good thing I work out in the gym. That thing was so darn heavy, about 70 lbs. that I thought I'd die. But we made it home, up to the apartment and not just place it in its rightful place I also discarded the old one.

This saga is over. I'm ready for the next disaster.

I love my wife. To me she is the most wonderful person in the world. She is cool, she makes good decisions and she only wants what is good for me.

But! She has no patience for anything. We could have taken the microwave to another repair place where it might have been repaired.

It's a good thing we don't own a house. Because if a light bulb burnt out my Darling would tell me let's buy a new house.

1 comment: