Thursday, March 10, 2016

Wednesday

It is a good country New York. And, it is nice to be an eighth grader here. For instance today, Abigail's class went to Broadway to see Finding Neverland. That is a Broadway musical where about 29 of her class was taken. They had two classes in the morning then school bus took the kids into the city to the theater.

This was a matinee performance starting at two pm so there was plenty of time before the show. The kids went to haunted themed restaurant that served them lunch then it was on to the theater.

I think they enjoyed it even though Abigail said that the first act was a little boring and she almost fell asleep. But then the second act made up for it.

The next excursion will be to a game parlor which is also for the eight graders. Two weeks ago the entire class went to the movies to see a film about Jesse Owens.

There will be one more outing, at least that I know of. And that is to Citi Field to see a baseball game with the New York Mets. I would much rather if they would take them to the Met in New York to see an opera. But no, it is a baseball game. Speaking of mindless sport.

I think by this time they gave up teaching the eight graders and that is why all these excursions are planned. I don't know if I said it these are all during school hours. Oh yes, and every single one of them cost money.

I think when I went to school we went to the movies once and that was a special student screening too. Once and that was it.

Good country, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment