Friday, March 18, 2016

Thursday

I have a very good excuse why yesterday's writing was skipped. At least for me it is a good excuse.

A few weeks ago I wrote that we were contemplating getting rid of both of our cars and getting a new one. One only.

Well, yesterday was the day that this thought became a reality. Around three o'clock in the afternoon we went to the dealer and told her that we were seriously interested in getting a new car.

That was at three and around ten thirty we drove out in our new car. By the time we left us and our saleslady were the only ones left in the dealership. We were all exhausted, mainly I. We drove a hard bargain but I think at the end we succeeded. (At least I believe it.)

We handed back my 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe and traded in my wife's 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander for a brand new fully loaded 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe. This car is not much different from the one we had but this is not a lease, this is ours. We won't have to watch the monthly mileage allowance because it is our car.

This car has all the electronic features the previous car had except it also has a self opening/closing rear hatch. That comes very handy when there are packages to put in the back and it is raining cats and dogs.

The interesting thing for me was that we made the deal and a few hours later we were able to drive the car off the lot. I know in some other states this is a usual thing but I never saw in in New York.

Anyway, the car is in the garage and it did get a welcome reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment