Monday, March 7, 2016

Sunday

There is something to say about good friends. For one thing they are a lot and I mean a LOT better than relatives. Family members are there just because they have nothing else to do and their DNA put them there. Some of them just freeload because they think it is their right to demand others just don't give a hoot.

Now why am I going on this rant?

Because today the nicest surprise was happening to us. No, we didn't win on the Lotto.

Today my closest friend in the whole wide world wrote me something very surprising. This friend and I are so close that I am grateful that we think we are related but don't know how because I value our friendship as is much more than if we knew how we were related.

Today, three months after our wedding he wrote that his wife and him would like to pay for sight seeing day cruise while we are in Hawaii next July. It is such a nice gesture that my wife and I were speechless for a moment. And I don't get speechless too often.

When I came to, I wrote to him and thanked them for their generosity and told him if he really wanted to outdo himself and get the top prize he can pay for the entire trip. No response yet.

I am shameless!

No comments:

Post a Comment