Saturday, March 12, 2016

Friday

Today was an important day for me. I got a haircut. I go to get my hair cut once a month and it was today. It usually is the second Friday each month which is right after the second Wednesday of each month. The significance of the second Wednesday is that that is when my Social security gets deposited. So my SS and my haircut are umbilically connected. One will always remind me for the other.

Another thing happened today but this one really ticked me off. This one involves our glorious postal service, the USPS.

My wife and I mailed a certified letter from our house to Daytona Beach, Florida on March 5. The stuff was accepted in our neighborhood post office and by 10:51 pm it was in Manhattan in a large collection facility.

This is when the thing hit the fan. As of today that piece of mail is still sitting in that same Manhattan post office. It is sitting there when it was already supposed to be in Florida.

I called the P.O. and launched a complaint. Naturally they were not able to tell me anything new except that they would open a case and see what can they find out.

This is very upsetting because there is nothing we can do except grin and bear it. Their help line is as helpless as a two day old baby, but at least we are on record with this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment