Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Yom Kippur

Today is Yom Kippur eve. It is not a happy holiday it is the Day of Atonement. On this day good Jews do not eat all day long. This is the way along with many hours of praying to atone for their sins accumulated since the previous year.

Since last year everybody's slate was washed clean the atonement is for the current year.

Anyway, since I am in this country I have been observing it in my own way. I am atoning for my sins and for the sins of all my loved ones. It might have not been written exactly this way in the Good Books but that is the way I do it.

We had a lovely diner with all the necessary pieces and I am ready to face the next many hours without food and liquid. Actually as soon as I feel a headache coming on the fast is over.

Jews are atoning for their sins. But last year we already atoned for our "current" sins. This means we only have to ask for forgiveness for the 2015 sins? Those shouldn't be too many for fasting an entire day.

At least not for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment