Monday, September 21, 2015

Shirt

Here is a very interesting consumer information.

I bought a beautiful white shirt at Century21 in the middle of July with the plan that I will wear it at our wedding in Las Vegas. Unfortunately the wedding didn't take place at that timeframe and the shirt was not worn. So, the other day I tried the shirt on and lo and behold it did not fit.

I am living a very relaxed life, meaning that I am putting on weight. Putting on weight also meant that I could not button the shirt in my midriff. Following that sad event we decided to return the shirt and exchange it for a larger size that will look good on me at our New York nuptials.

So, yesterday (Saturday) we went to Century21 and tried to do the thing. I bought the shirt 49 days ago and the store has a 45 day return limit. The blond ditz at the service counter told us there was nothing she could do because this was over the deadline and her manager was not allowing any exceptions.

I used all my charms trying to explain that this was an even exchange but to no avail end eventually as far as they were concerned I was stuck with a shirt that would not reach through my girth.

I was really pissed and on our way out I saw a man in a suit walking around doing absolutely nothing but with a nametag on his jacket. I asked him if he was some kind of a manager. It turned out he was the general manager of the store. I told him my problem and he listened and told me to wait. Went to the service desk and when he returned he told me they would make a one time exception!

Hallelujah, I prevailed!

The essence of this is that never believe what the little people tell you. Go to the top and you will prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment