Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Florida

I don't know if there was any blog published on Tuesday morning but if there was none I apologize. I wrote most of these previous ones at one or two sittings and scheduled them to be released daily. I think somewhere I lost the count of days and that might have been the reason for my shortcoming.

Mea culpa! I'll try not to have this happen again.

I think I wrote enough about our Las Vegas trip. If I missed anything, no big deal. The stuff that left us with good memories were all listed, so the rest maybe next time.

Now back to the quiet life! Or not.

We got home from LV on Saturday, rested on Sunday and Monday afternoon we embarked on a whirlwind trip to Florida. School starting in New York we had to go down an collect Abigail who was spending her Summer with her siblings there.

So we left on Monday night, got there Tuesday afternoon, spent a few hours there then turned around and drove back to New York with Abigail. We got home Wednesday evening.

It was an exhilarating trip and the only person who was totally unhappy was Abigail. Shed a wonderful time down there and was not looking forward to coming back to New York. She cried and crie almost all the way to home.

But kids are very resilient creatures. This happened two weeks ago and all the heartbreak is forgotten. Now school is open the friends are here and Florida is a distant memory.



No comments:

Post a Comment