Saturday, September 26, 2015

Friday

Today Abigail bought some balloons for a school project. She took a few out of the package and was using them for recreational purposes. That means that my fiancé and her are playing volley ball in the middle of the living room. It annoys the heck out of me but then I am outnumbered two to one. So, I just have to bear it.

By the sound of it they're having a great time playing.

I will have to get used to this because I always will be outnumbered two to one. So what a prospective (step)father to do? Take his lumps and smile. And be glad for whatever good fortune life throws at him.

Abigail is 13 and a quarter years old. She just started the eight grade and we are heaving heated arguments about what high school she wants to go to. She doesn't take it seriously enough but soon we all have to make some choices and they have to be recorded.

It is without a doubt that we want what is the best for her even she doesn't realize it. We also want a school that is not on the other side of the universe since she will have to be driven at least in the first two years.

Her mom and I have some ideas and we plan to visit open houses for those schools. True to form Abigail is against all of our choices and she has some thoughts where she would like to go but not all of them are practical.

When the time came my parents chose the school I went and in hindsight it was a very wise choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment