Sunday, September 20, 2015

Saturday

Today is Saturday and I can't say it was a quiet day. We decided that by trying to organize our humongous volumes of paper we should buy some kind of cabinet and place the stuff there in some kind of order. I am all game for order because I admit that I'm a extremely bright individual, filing or set up files is not one of my strong point.

So two days ago we bought a cabinet that looked very nice and commanding on the floor in the store. Naturally, it came in a flat box and the assembly remained to be our problem.

I always hated to put together these pre drilled, pre prepared furniture. There was always problem putting them together. Holes missing, holes didn't match with each other and other problems.

Well, today was no exception either. We worked on that damn thing for about three hours before it was finished. But before we finished it we sweated blood.

First, the pieces are heavy so handling them was not easy. Second, I didn't have all the necessary tools, I had to borrow some from the building superintendent.

Third and the worst thing was that many of the pre drilled holes were not drilled deep enough meaning we had to drill these holes in order to have the screws fit. Those damn Chinese who fabricate this stuff are just too lazy to do their jobs correctly. I'm sure this is done purposely to annoy the Americans! They probably get a directive from their government. We think hacking computer systems is bad. Try to insert screws in half drilled holes. Now that is bad!

But now that this thing is done it looks good and I am very proud of our collective effort putting it together. Regardless of the Chinese sabotage, American/Hungarian ingenuity conquered it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment